ENTER THE ANNUAL ONION RECIPE CONTEST!
Be amazed by what you can dish up with an onion! Participants can choose to enter appetizers, main dishes, or desserts, in one of four age categories.
Spicing up the festivities is the Salsa Recipe Contest. All entries are required to include jalapenos, in honor of the Mild Jalapeno developed by Dr. Ben Villalon, aka Dr. Pepper, in Weslaco, TX. Come find out if your homemade salsa deserves some recognition!
March 24th...Onion Recipe at 1 p.m. and Salsa Contest at 2:30 p.m.
Winners will receive trophies and have their recipes published on the Onion Fest website.
To enter either contest, complete an Onion Recipe Contest Form or a Salsa Recipe Contest Form and return to the Weslaco Area Chamber of Commerce.
Salsa Recipe Application
Onion Recipe Application
Winners of the 2013 Texas Onion Fest Recipe Contest
- 1st Place - Dalia de la O-Carr - Artichoke Dip
- 1st Place - Nancy Courser - Hot Pepper Bread with Cream Cheese Pepper Butter
- 2nd Place - Gloria Mejia and Deborah Zurlo - Carmelized OnionFest Pizza
- 1st Place Eric Arndt, The Blue Onion Belgian Wit Beer Caramelized Onion Cheese and Sausage Soup
- 2nd Place - Daila de la O Carr - Enchiladas
- 1st Place - Nancy Courser 1015 Onion Apple Casserole
- 1st Place - Eric Arndt, The Blue Onion Chocolate Covered Onion Rings
- 2nd Place - Dalia de la O Carr - Apple Salad
- 1st Place - Nancy Courser Chocolate Bread Pudding
- 1st Place - Dorothy Gonzalez, Mamas Garden Cottage Salsa Mexicana
- 2nd Place Eric Arndt, The Blue Onion Roasted Pico de Gallo
- 3rd Place Dorothy Gonzalez, Mamas Garden Cottage Salsa Verde
- 1st Place Maria Puga Salsa Verde
- 2nd Place Annette Daly
- 3rd Place Nancy Courser Habanero Chipotle Salsa
View this year's winning recipies.
View last year's winners